Thursday, August 27, 2009

19.5k

Thats all the fucking hands I played this month after flying out to a sweet start. My kid being without daycare and camping/LA weekends amount to slacking. I killed it for like $50+ an hour playing mainly 100NL though I did manage 2k hands at 200NL with a very small win rate. I am actually a bit disappointed in my performance at the tables as of late and have some minor tweaks to make as well as some deep thinking to do. Sept should be a month for productivity with my little man back at school and no major events planned. I also plan on restricting myself from Sun-Thur drinking which will mean poker at night.

I will leave you with a few hands of interest. But real quick I will try and post on DC and link hands for you guys to comment either there or here.

Call,call,call?
~I was bulldozing the table and villain was the mark playing like 60vpip. I had a note that he liked to slowplay though it did indicate that he VB small. By the river my odds were to nice to fold. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
4 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
Hero (CO) ($246.55)
BTN ($217.47)
SB ($350.28)
BB ($246.55)

Pre-flop: ($5, 4 players) Hero is CO

Hero raises to $6, BTN calls $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4

Flop: ($23, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $16, BTN raises to $35, BB folds, Hero calls $19

Turn: ($93, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $52, Hero calls $52

River: ($197, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $70, Hero calls $70

Final Pot: $337
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $333 ( won +$170 )
BTN lost -$163
BB lost -$6


Missed value?
~No reads besides donkish stats and a uber low AF. Turn I consider raising for value though I am not super stoked getting it in at this point I dont think. River is an easy value raise based on bet sizing. Again thoughts are welcome.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($290.05)
UTG+1 ($391.10)
CO ($462.74)
Hero (BTN) ($215.05)
SB ($113.50)
BB ($254.10)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is BTN

3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4

Flop: ($13, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB raises to $16, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($45, 2 players)
BB bets $20, Hero calls $20

River: ($85, 2 players)
BB bets $20, Hero raises to $70, BB calls $50

Final Pot: $225
Hero shows:
BB shows:

Hero wins $221.50 ( won +$109.50 )
BB lost -$112


Hero call of the month?
~Flop seems standard. Turn I decide villain always has a FD or a worse hand then mine so I VB. River is the old well if you have J9 you are the illest.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($82.20)
UTG+1 ($53.40)
Hero (CO) ($109.30)
BTN ($167.25)
SB ($212.60)
BB ($117.75)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO

2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9, 3 players)
SB bets $5.50, BB raises to $11, Hero calls $11, SB folds

Turn: ($36.50, 2 players)
BB bets $4, Hero raises to $22, BB calls $18

River: ($80.50, 2 players)
BB bets $80.50, Hero calls $73.30

Final Pot: $234.30
BB shows:
Hero shows:

BB wins $7.20 ( lost -$109.30 )
Hero wins $223.60 ( won +$114.30 )
SB lost -$8.50


See you next month!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude. I am happy to see you having success, but 19.5k? That is it? There is no reason for me to get more hands than you in a month when I work full time, spent loads of time with my family, and exercise daily. Absolutely 0 reason for that man. Get yourself in gear and treat this like what it is - your career. Do you want to succeed and move up or continue the current trend? This is totally different than giving credit for quitting well and not getting volume in like I said before, this is over the course of a month and is very different.

I am hoping this doesn't come off the wrong way, this is just tough love that you need to hear. I only say these things, because I truly want to see you succeed and reach your potential.

LuckySOB said...

Noel I love ya.........

But WTF?!?!

Get your ass to work. Under 40K hands not acceptable.

grog said...

Hand 1 I would probably 3bet the flop as even pure bluffs like KQ have a ton of equity. Or 2nd best option, call and see a safe turn and get it in there.

Hand 2, you should be super super stoked to get it in on the turn, it's not even like any straights are possible. Personally, if I ever narrow down a villain's range that beats me to only be sets I never ever fold / pot control.

Chris said...

Your playing very passive Noel. Hand 1 I get it in on the flop. Your so far ahead of his range.
Although it worked out well for you this time, I think you miss alot of value normally. If I call the flop i'm shipping the turn.

Hand 2 you have to raise that weak ass turn bet.

Hand 3: You have to reraise the flop min raise. Your missing out on a ton of value. If he is bad enough to do that then he is probably bad enough to stack off on the flop.