Friday, June 27, 2008

Mixed emotions.

Chilling out in Vegas as I write this blog. It has been awesome yet I have had to deal with the emotions of being seperated from my family for the 1st tie in a real long time. To add to that we just moved in together and my son was just growin used to seeing me every morning and night. The hardest thing has been knowing how much he is missing me and not being able to do much about it. The only thing keeping me together is knowing that he has the best mom in the world there to keep him together till I get back.

Ok enough emo, how about Vegas? The place sucks. I mean that too. I mean it is awesome under the right cirumstance but at my age(27) with a family back home it isnt the same. I have over indulged in the food department just in time to get fat for my trip to Hawaii. The best part is the house and the housemates. It has been an amazing experiece and I have been fortunate enough to meet some real cool fucking dudes. The best part of the trip and the thing I looked most forward to previous to arriving was meeting Jason and his family( http://blitzpoker.blogspot.com/ ). They were kind enough to take 3 of us to heir home in Lake Havaseu Az and take us on an amazing boating trip. Hands down the sweetest boating experience I have ever had( http://dodgyken.blogspot.com/2008/06/boating-with-luckysob.html ).

In the poker department this month has been decent, 2/4 is going well thus far though it has been over a small sample. I havent been able to grind to much while mout here as I am on my 13 inch lap top whic isnt very good for playing on. I did crush a 2/4 session and had a long boring losing 1/2 session. I dabbled in some PLO today and will most likely continue just to add to my arsenal. Well thats all I got. Not the greatest post but I will try and make some more descriptive posts of the highlights of this trip when I get back from Hawaii.

1 comment:

Ian Little said...

Pick up this book if you're learning PLO, it's written with the 9 handed game in mind but is worth buying for the first few chapters alone (which discuss the difference in strength of starting hands etc, which is just as relevant to the 6max version of the game);
http://www.amazon.com/Pot-Limit-Omaha-Poker-Jeff-Hwang/dp/0818407263/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214908050&sr=8-1