Friday, October 16, 2009

Woot

Been playing awesome lately and catching some cards hasnt hurt either. Roll is at a nice place and I have taken a few 200NL shots with success though I want to stick mainly to 100NL and just really grind a big cushion this time to maximize my mental comfort. Playing for a living it just isnt worth the pressure of shot taking and then having to withdraw and drop down. Basically that sentence might be way confusing but whatever.

Anyways just wanted to rant about today and how insane poker is. I love the game to death though it can be nasty at times. Anyways start the day off crushing 200NL with some sweet rivers and flops only to play out the day at 100NL and get pwned by donks. I did break my cardinal rule today of battling decent regs without any cause. Honestly if you arent killing 100NL or lower its probably because you just do too much dumb shit vs regs that you dont have to. These clowns will give you action no matter what.

Did make a gross 3bet ship in a 3bet pot in a spot where I felt I was best. Curious how people feel about the play. Basically this guy flats way to much and though a K is in his range I doubt he ever raises it on this flop. Which in my eyes mean he has a pure bluff/semi bluff or a set. Thoughts?

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTG$203.65
CO$100.90
BTN$11.25
SB$116.35
Hero$149.50
  • Pre-Flop ($1.50, 5 players)Hero is BB
  • hQ sQ
1 fold, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.50, CO calls $7.50
  • Flop ($21.50, 2 players)
  • d3 sK s2
Hero bets $10.75, CO raises to $37.50, Hero raises to $139, CO calls $52.90
  • Turn ($250.90, 2 players)
  • s9
  • River ($250.90, 2 players)
  • dA
  • Final Pot: $250.90
  • Hero shows
  • hQsQ
  • CO shows
  • s4s5
  • Hero wins $48.60 ( lost -$89.15 )
  • CO wins $198.80 ( won +$97.90 )



Any how life is good, poker is good and hope everyone is good too.

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

If he's a thinking player, he shouldn't be flatting with a K. His AK should be 4b and his weak K is getting reverse implied odds vs your 3b. So when he flats is often SCers and PPs, and most players doing that still don't flat w/low pairs. Therefore I love your shove.

One thing I'd consider messing with though. Bump up your 3b size vs guys that flat a lot. You want them to be flatting worse hands OOP, but you want max value. Keep making it bigger 1 SB at a time until you find his call/fold area.

I have a moron in my game that flats 4.5x 3bs OOP with all sorts of hands and is fit or fold post........pure profit.

LuckySOB said...

Opps, you were in BB......so it is possible that he's flatting w/KQs and KJs, but he'd never raise with those.