Thursday, November 29, 2007

Good poker, bad poker.

Its stupid how sometimes we play like the best poker of our lives. Its like you can see your opponents hole cards. Then other times when I allow my emotions to take over, which has been way to often lately, we suck. Here are two hands to show you what I mean.

Good: Villain was a 30/8/1 On the surface this hand looks self explanatory. I have AA bet all the way when in actuality I think many players check either the turn or river here. Villain tanked the turn call which told me there was no way in hell he had a flush and most likely had a medium strength Q. Also I knew if he C/R the turn I could fold without questioning if I was beat or not. On the river I make sure to bet the right amount to get value from his weak Q.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($216)SB ($349.35)BB ($206.52)UTG ($93.50)MP ($309.17)

Preflop: Hero is Button with As, Ac. 2 folds, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, BB calls $6.
Flop: ($17) 8d, 4h, Qd (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $14, BB calls $14.

Turn: ($45) 2d (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $28, BB calls $28.

River: ($101) 9s (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $54, BB calls $54.
Final Pot: $209

Results below: Hero has As Ac (one pair, aces). BB doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $209.


Bad: Villain in this hand is actually a good friend a memeber of the UF2B. He has been playing 10 tables at a time so his numbers are quite nitty. 18/12/2. In this spot I hate seeing the flop with so many players but I have to bet when it is checked to me. The sickest thing about this spot is before I bet I said something in chat to Jason about how sick he makes me. It was like I knew he out flopped me instinctually. Then he raises. If I put him on a CC range which raises my cbet on this board with 3 villains left to act this is the easiest fold in the book. I chose to jam my chips in the middle and hope for a miracle instead. HOW? WTF? That is letting my emotions play a roll in my decision making. Whenever I do this I go on a downswing and that is fact.


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($305.55)SB ($192.80)BB ($76)UTG ($100.70)MP ($154.10)Hero ($203.30)
Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Ac. UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Hero raises to $12, Button calls $12, SB calls $11, 1 fold, UTG calls $10, MP calls $10.

Flop: ($62) 4s, 8h, 5h (5 players)SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $38, Button raises to $116, SB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises to $191.3 (All-In), Button calls $75.30.

Turn: ($444.60) Ks (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($444.60) Qd (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $444.60
Results below: Button has 4c 4h (three of a kind, fours). Hero has Ad Ac (one pair, aces). Outcome: Button wins $444.60.

1 comment:

LuckySOB said...

in your defense, I can make some crazy moronic moves when we are seated together for bragging rights. And vs anybody you fold there, I know that. I would have called in your spot vs me or Dodgy.