Sunday, December 30, 2007

Up and down.

I havent posted as frequent as I would like and probably wont ever. I have decided that my game is sound and I need to focus mainly on playing. Playing hands is what makes you better. I have all the concepts and ideas it is now a matter of applying them. While applying them when problems arise that is when I will need to seak a solution. With that in mind I will post a few of the more interesting hands that have occured sense my last post.

Hand 1: Villain plays 41/18/2.8 and is actually a regular whom I now own. This hand was me being a spew tard.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($126.10)Hero ($201.90)BB ($422.05)UTG ($1079.40)MP ($261.60)CO ($523.10)
Preflop: Hero is SB with Jd, Jh. UTG raises to $7, MP calls $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $32, 1 fold, UTG folds, MP calls $25.

I considered CC here as not to create a nasty spot OOP and because JJ is a tweener hand in spots like these. Anyways my 3bet gets called by the original CCer which is strange. I had just recently seen him play AA in a similar fashion.

Flop: ($73) 7d, Th, Qc (2 players)Hero bets $46, MP raises to $229.6 (All-In), Hero calls $123.90 (All-In).

Not the worst flop in the world and to bhe honest looks like a very simple bet/fold. I was very near a fold when I convinced myself that he may well push an OESD in this spot and called.
Turn: ($472.50) Ah (2 players, 2 all-in)
River: ($472.50) 4s (2 players, 2 all-in)
Final Pot: $472.50
Results below: Hero has Jd Jh (one pair, jacks). MP has Ad Qh (two pair, aces and queens). Outcome: MP wins $472.50.

After plugging it into stove this is a easy fold. This hand occured at a time when i was doubting myself and pressing to win. Those two combined are no bueno.

hand 2: villain is 35/18/3.2 When this hand occured I had begun open raising from late position for 3x rather then 4x which I have gone back to. This created a realy loose image and I began playing loose as well. I strarted 3 betting a little too much.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($241.25)SB ($201.15)BB ($123)UTG ($383.45)MP ($476.08)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 8s, 5s. 1 fold, MP raises to $6, Hero raises to $20, 2 folds, MP calls $14.

I 3bet 85s? I dont hate it actually as most the time I should be folding out alot of villains hands though he is the type to call with a wide range. This can be trouble but will me allow me to take him to value town when i do hit.

Flop: ($43) 4s, Kd, 2s (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $28, MP raises to $56, Hero calls $28.

A great flop to cbet when checked to and then he min raises. I think a shove here may be profitable as I doubt he ever is doing this with a monster. to me his bet is more of a feeler looking to find out where a mediumish strength hand stands.

Turn: ($155) 3h (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $100, MP raises to $200, Hero calls $65.25 (All-In).

Here is where I went wrong in the hand. The turn gives me more outs and I can take a free card and most likely extract when I get there. If I miss I can give up if villain leads the rive ror consider bluffing. against someone with these stats I think checking is best. I do not hate my p-lay thought at any point in the hand besides the fact that I think a shove is a better choice then my 2/3 PSB.
River: ($520.25) 2h (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $520.25
Results below: Hero has 8s 5s (one pair, twos). MP has Kh Th (two pair, kings and twos). Outcome: MP wins $520.25.

Hand 3: villain is 28/14/1.65 Another 3bet happy time. Looking at these stats that makes this play even worse granted I do belive he has a high attempt to steal. Although I do believe if you look close at this hand you will see that I do have what it takes to be a successful high stakes winner


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($295.89)SB ($1096.87)Hero ($222.80)UTG ($398.85)MP ($394)CO ($234.60)
Preflop: Hero is BB with Js, Th. 2 folds, CO raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero raises to $22, CO calls $16.

Pretty loose 3bte OOP something I removed from my arsenal.
Flop: ($45) 4d, 7s, 4c (2 players)Hero bets $32, CO raises to $64, Hero raises to $200.8 (All-In), CO calls $136.80.

If I dont cbet I cant win. When villain min raises I sensed weakness. I should most likely fold due to the player strength at 200NL as they rarely fold and if he calls my equity is shit. At the time I said fuck it and trusted my gut. he was so weak it wasnt funny. The best thing is he thinks he made a great call. The truth is 95% of the time I make this play he is dead.
Turn: ($446.60) 9d (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($446.60) 6s (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $446.60
Results below: Hero has Js Th (one pair, fours). CO has Kd 7d (two pair, sevens and fours). Outcome: CO wins $446.60.

Hand 4: Villain is 55/25/3 He can give you fits and is a regular whom I believe stays afloat 1 or two tabling. he is and older man from what I gathered who simply enjoys playing the game and loves the action.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($270.10)SB ($400)BB ($423.50)UTG ($465.65)Hero ($273.10)CO ($1442.84)
Preflop: Hero is MP with Kd, Qd. UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $10, CO calls $10, 2 folds, BB calls $8, UTG calls $8.
Flop: ($41) Ks, Jc, 6s (4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $30, CO calls $30, BB folds, UTG folds.

4 handed with TP2ndK isnr fun but I must bet. The maniac calls. At this point I belive he has a very wide range and is very capable of anything on the turn.

Turn: ($101) 2h (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $64, Hero calls $64.

I would like to say I knew my opponent and checked to allow him to bluff but that isnt the case. I actually checked for the simple fact that I was afraid to bet and get bluff raised. Knowing your opponent is so key and this hand is a perfect example of that. My hand is basically the nuts against this guy and I think I am forced to go broke. A large range of his hands are either Kx or a draw. I considered a CRAI once he bet but opted to call instead.


River: ($229) 9c (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $198, Hero calls $169.10 (All-In).
Final Pot: $596.10

The river completes a oesd and I opt to check again. Villain shoves pretty quick and I go into the tank. I know this guy can do this with the nuts or nothing. By calling the turn I felt calling the river was almost a must. i do and boo yah he was bluffing all along.


Results below: Hero has Kd Qd (one pair, kings). CO has 8c 8s (one pair, eights). Outcome: Hero wins $567.20. CO wins $28.90.

If you look at this hand I think you might think i played it brillaintly. The truth is I played it like shit. But what I have learned is by knowing your opponents tendencies well enough you will be able to extract max value from them at all times. This is a spot where my turn and river check maximized my value by inducing my opponent to play his hand how I wanted him to. At the time I wasnt aware of that.