Friday, September 4, 2009

Areas to improve

Ok so if you havent read Grogheadflows blog you should. I enjoy his style of setting areas to concentrate on during play and grading his level during sessions. I dont think I will take it as far as he has but I still want to identify some areas to work on and make them my focus during play.

1st and foremost my concentration throughout a hand needs improvment. Basically I never want to find myself in a spot where I am clueless of my opponents range. So my main goal this month and forever will be to think through each decision I make street by street beginning at preflop. There is no reason I should ever raise without stopping and looking left all the way around the table and considering stacks and my opponents tendencies. This should contyinue on every street as well. I want to always know why I am making a decision.

2nd I intend to improve on two areas of my game this month. Playing in 3bet pots as the caller vs aggro 3betters. As well as playing postflop as the non aggressor when I choose to flat from the blinds. I think these two areas are where I have the most room for improvement and are needed as you make the climb up the stakes.

My month has began slow due to my car issues but I am going to nail 40k hands. This weekend I am going to get to play a ton and make up for the two days I missed.