Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2k hands down 3/4 a buyin.

I feel real good about my game at the moment. I know the up swing is happening today actually. All my big hands are going to be getting payed and the times when I am a 95% favorite I think the 5% chances have had their fair share and it is my turn. With that said I still might be missing value by overbetting some rivers or raising to big when I have the goods. I need to work on betting sizes so to maximize my value when I have the goods. Also I plugged the leak from the SB but now I am spewing from the BB. I need to fix this asap. Funny thing is I am not losing any monster pots only 2 50 bigblind pots and like 3 of the top 10 losers are when I 3bet from the blinds and my cbet failed. One thing I think I noticed too last night was that I have been 3betting alot less and just calling with SC IP. I dont like that as aggression wins. I will be getting back to my aggressive ways asap too. Now some hand;

Hand 1: Villain is 66/5/.5 Is this a spew as I put this guy dead on a Q when he calls my turn bet? He tanks the shove too. Seriously he hollywoods and lets the timer run near out and then gets it in. I so want to fold and think a great layer might. Granted I think we all have seen 99 or 88 in this spot.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($374.10)SB ($51.05)Hero ($245.75)UTG ($125.88)MP ($190.50)CO ($74.75)
Preflop: Hero is BB with Ac, Ah. UTG calls $2, 1 fold, CO calls $2, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $12, UTG calls $10, CO folds, SB folds.
Flop: ($28) 3d, 3c, Qh (2 players)Hero bets $20, UTG calls $20.
Turn: ($68) Js (2 players)Hero bets $46, UTG calls $46.
River: ($160) Qs (2 players)Hero checks, UTG calls $47.88 (All-In), Hero calls $47.88.
Final Pot: $255.76
Results below: Hero has Ac Ah (two pair, aces and queens). UTG has Qd 4d (full house, queens full of threes). Outcome: UTG wins $255.76.

Hand 2: Villain is 43/12/.75 he has some suspect HUD numbers yet he is a regular. We have tangled quite a bit as he loves to call raises OOP and float. I would like to say my play is standard and I have seen this line being played alot, yet I think due to player history this isnt. After thinking about it this guy almost never has 3bet me that I can remember so getting it in here stinks. I think I can call and get it in if I hit. Instead I choose to play it fast and it bites me. Is this just variance again?

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($118.90)SB ($116.35)BB ($541.25)UTG ($100.80)Hero ($205.65)CO ($202)
Preflop: Hero is MP with Kc, As. 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, Button raises to $16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $48, Button raises to $118.9 (All-In), Hero calls $70.90.
Flop: ($240.80) 3d, 2h, 8h (2 players, 1 all-in)
Turn: ($240.80) 5s (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($240.80) 3h (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $240.80
Results below: Button has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and threes). Hero has Kc As (one pair, threes). Outcome: Button wins $240.80.

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

Hand 1: I don't think I would ever fold in this spot with those odds.

Hand 2: I often get AI PF w/AK and don't think it's as bad as some think.....but not sure, need to look into this more. I think stacking off PF w/AK is fine for 2 reasons...one you can win often enough and two you build an image to get more calls w/ your big hands. Although I prefer to be the one pushing w/AK not calling, but you can't fold here vs the short stack.

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1: I probably just shove the river myself.

Hand 2: I don't really like 4-betting and calling a shove here. You raise from UTG+1 so he has to peg you for a better hand than normal. If he doesn't 3-bet much and min 3-bets I'd get worried. I think I'd call with AK here as it's a min-raise. If it was a bigger 3-bet I'd fold.