Tuesday, October 2, 2007

1st day of October

I actually only lost one hand over 50BB yet managed to lose a total of 338.5 on the day. Again I want to blame the cards but know it is my play. I think I am looking to not cbet so often that I am actually losing value. Also I continue to play scared and allow scare cards to effect my play. Another problem I am having is playing super scared in 3bet situations. Before I was so fearless and I took the losses and rolled with it. I played my cards and my opponent accordingly and was really learning to go with my instincts. I have begun to shy away from this and will look to get back to it from here on. Here are a few hands that gave me trouble.

Hand 1: At the time I had know HUD stats on Villain but it turns out he is playing 19/6, my table image was LAG as I had already been involved in 2 3bet pots without SD.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($90)SB ($149)BB ($180.24)Hero ($200)MP ($48.15)CO ($154.30)
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kh, Ah. Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, Button raises to $15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $36, Button calls $21.

Beacuse of my image I thought villain could be doing this light and I was prepared to call a shove.

Flop: ($73.50) 6d, 3h, Jd (2 players)Hero calls $164 (All-In), Button calls $54 (All-In).

When he smooth calls I dont know what to do. I think the best line is to C/F here but I decided to shove. In retrospect I think it is almost impossible to fold out any hand he called my 4bet with on this flop.

Turn: ($291.50) Td (2 players, 2 all-in)
River: ($291.50) Jc (2 players, 2 all-in)
Final Pot: $291.50
Results below: Button has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and jacks). Hero has Kh Ah (one pair, jacks). Outcome: Button wins $181.50. Hero wins $110.

Hand 2: Villain is 25/19/2.5

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($199.50)SB ($58.05)BB ($38.15)UTG ($100.85)MP ($130.40)CO ($319.15)
Preflop: Hero is Button with Tc, Js. 2 folds, CO raises to $4, Hero raises to $15, 2 folds, CO calls $11.

I felt his CO raising range is quite wide as he had a high attempt to steal and I decided t 3bet with JT here. I am not sure how much I like JT in a 3bet spot but then again I dont hate this play at all

Flop: ($31.50) Ts, 9c, 2s (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $21, CO calls $21.

I get a piece of the flop and he had checked it so I make a standard cbet here. Looking at it now I have to assume his calling range OOP is very tight and he most likely is holding like at worst 99+ and AQs. When he calls my flop bet I decided I was shutting down and looking to SD.
Turn: ($73.50) 2d (2 players)CO checks, Hero checks.
River: ($73.50) 6c (2 players)CO calls $283.15 (All-In), Hero folds.

I dont get his shove but it might be out of frustration that I didnt bet the turn when he was planning to get a C/R in.
Final Pot: $356.65
Results below: CO doesn't show. Outcome: CO wins $356.65.

Hand 3: I had just sat down and had no read on villain. The only thing I can really think is maybe a donky due to the min 3bet.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($200)SB ($114.80)BB ($88.15)UTG ($195.50)MP ($71.30)
Preflop: Hero is Button with As, Td. 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $8, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.

I am curious really if I should just fold this hand as I am going to have a hard time playing any A or T if I encounter resistance and alot of the time the min 3bet in my experience is a monster.

Flop: ($17) 3c, 2s, Ks (2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.

Villain checks so I opt for a free card.
Turn: ($17) Th (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB raises to $20, Hero calls $10.

I connect and villain checks again. I feel I am probably best and I want to get value as well as protect my hand so I bet. When I C/MR I think this is an easy fold. The turn MR is again typically a big hand and it is most likely that I am behind and will be facing a river bet. I decide to call.
River: ($57) 6c (2 players)SB bets $14, Hero folds.

I should probably call this river bet with the odds I am getting but I felt this was a monster looking to get value. Then again if this villain is a donkey alot of times they bet super small on bluffs. Do you call?
Final Pot: $71
Results below: SB doesn't show. Outcome: SB wins $71.

Hand 4: Villain is 41/13/.79

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($183.25)SB ($113.90)Hero ($100.80)UTG ($48.85)MP ($170.10)CO ($97)
Preflop: Hero is BB with Qc, Ac. UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $8, UTG folds, MP folds, SB calls $7.
Flop: ($18) Ah, 7c, Jc (2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.

I hammer this flop and opt to check as I felt there werent any cards that could hurt my hand and I didnt want to run off the villain. I am wondering if this is a bad choice? Did I lose value? Is the FPS?
Turn: ($18) 5c (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB calls $12.

I hammer the turn even harder and now I have to bet.
River: ($42) Jh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $24, SB folds.

When vilain calls turn I am thinking yes! I opt to VB slash induce a bluff by showing weakness on the river and he folds.
Final Pot: $66
Results below: Hero has Qc Ac (flush, ace high). Outcome: Hero wins $66.

2 comments:

danielgrubbs said...

Yo yo yo

Hand 2 looks pretty damn standard to me...

Hand 3 I think if you call that turn minraise you should call the river also. But I think folding to the turn minraise might be better.

Hand 3 Well I would have bet the flop against most people because they will call with any ace and lower flush draws. You want to build a pot with this hand because if the villain doesn't have a club he probably won't call any bets when the flush hits.

The case for checking is that you might trap the person into calling bets with a weaker hand/allowing them to catch up... But I'm not sure about this line. I bet most of the time.

Let me know what you think of my advice.

danielgrubbs said...

Oops.. The second time I say "hand 3" I think I mean "hand 4"