Sunday, October 14, 2007

I am a winner!!!

But when I tilt I lose. I know deep down I am a winning player and I believe I know the correct decision at the table 99% of the time. The problem is when I incur a suckout or set vs set I allow it to effect me and I lose that mental edge. Its real sick because I will tell myself the correct decision mentally yet allow myself to physically do the opposite. Here is a prime example of that. Let me show you the set up.

Hand 1: Set vs Set. Honestly I think I might be able to get away from this. Vilain is 28/10/1

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($200)SB ($636.53)BB ($452.55)UTG ($156.70)MP ($75.60)CO ($350.24)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 2h, 2d. 2 folds, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $10, SB calls $9, BB calls $8, CO folds.
Flop: ($32) 8d, 4s, 2c (3 players)SB checks, BB bets $12, Hero calls $12, SB folds.

The flop is so dry that I opted to call looking to encourage the SB to come along.
Turn: ($56) Tc (2 players)BB bets $20, Hero raises to $76, BB raises to $242, Hero calls $102 (All-In).

I honestly think this might be a fold. My line looks so strong I am almost certain that a villain with these numbers isnt doing this with anything I beat. What do you think? I mean I called excpecting to see 88 or 44.
River: ($476) Jd (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $476
Results below: Hero has 2h 2d (three of a kind, twos). BB has 4h 4d (three of a kind, fours). Outcome: BB wins $476.

After this hand is when I need to shut down the tables. Post it on CR and get feedback maybe and just go for a walk and know that it was simply a cooler and I am playing winning poker. Then come back and start fresh. But this time around I didnt because I was pressed for time and I felt I could play through it. Now the next two hands.

Hand 2: Villain is 27/8/1 with an attempt to steal of 23. I almost didnt 3 bet but I think it was fine. What do you think?

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($327.52)SB ($400)Hero ($200)UTG ($91.20)MP ($246.38)
Preflop: Hero is BB with Ad, Jd. 2 folds, Button raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero raises to $24, Button calls $18.
Flop: ($49) 7h, As, 9c (2 players)Hero bets $32, Button raises to $64, Hero folds.

After 3 betting I am looking for a bet fold or else I think my hand is dead. Is leading the best choice? I think my play here was fine actually.
Final Pot: $145
Results below: No showdown. Button wins $145.

Now here is where I allow those 2 spots to lead me to spew.

Hand 3: Villain is 50/11/1

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($566.03)SB ($173.56)BB ($262.75)Hero ($200)MP ($46.75)CO ($140.65)
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ah, As. Hero raises to $8, MP calls $8, 3 folds, BB calls $6.
Flop: ($25) Qc, Th, 8c (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $18, MP folds, BB calls $18.
Turn: ($61) 5s (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $36, BB raises to $70, Hero calls $36.

Before betting this turn I told myself this was a Bet/Fold situation as with a super low AF this villain never C/R with worse, yet I talk myself into a call. Why? TILT!
River: ($203) 6h (2 players)BB bets $76, Hero raises to $102 (All-In), BB calls $26.

Fuck I can get away from this still and have only spewed 18BB by finding a fold here facing an obvious river VB from a fish. Nah, I like a shove!
Final Pot: $407
Results below: BB has Jh 9c (straight, queen high). Hero has Ah As (one pair, aces). Outcome: BB wins $407.

There it is! Spew tard city. What have we learned today class? Thats right, take a beat and close the tables. Come back 10 minutes later and start fresh. I think from now on I will be meditating after a cooler.

1 comment:

Dice said...

If you're going to 3b AJ, you have to go into it knowing you're willing to stack off with tp to this particular opponent. If not, then dont 3b it.

Turn c/r into your over pair--> fold. (I think it's called the Yeti Theorem- if my memory serves me correctly, which there's a good chance it isn't lol.) However, on the river he's not value betting anything that you have beat. Easy fold. By raising this river you're handing him a free $102.