Monday, January 7, 2008

Dont bluff donks let them bluff you.

The year has already been nice and swingy due to some insano hands and some horrific hero calls. I have decided donks dont over bluff. Unless I have a solid reason to believe they are which i will give an example of I will be folding to there river pot donks. I have also determined that bluffing donkeys is the wrong way to +EV poker instead let them bluff you. To start here is a sick graph of my 6,732 hand weekend. yeah I have decided 6-7 tables is optimal. played 10K hands already on the month. So I am on pace for like 50K but if I can stay on my weekend pace it could be higher. This week I have some things happening so it probably wont. Also school starts in a week. I am shooting for straight A's so that will require a small portion of my time as well. Now the graph...





Hand 1: Villain is 38/8/3.6 super donk whom I was sitting deep stack for. He had been mijn raising UTG and I had been isolating him alot. This is pretty sick spot when the Q pairs the river because now it is less likely he is on air. i checked turn behind to showing weakness in his eyes I assume. This is where you dont want to hero call though. I think there must be a site like CR out there for donks. Or rather one that teaches how to optimize donk style of play.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($379.70)SB ($280.50)BB ($218.05)UTG ($330.47)MP ($252.15)Hero ($402.15)
Preflop: Hero is CO with Jh, Jd. UTG raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $16, 3 folds, UTG calls $12.
Flop: ($35) Qc, 2c, 7s (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $26, UTG calls $26.
Turn: ($87) 8d (2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.
River: ($87) Qs (2 players)UTG bets $128, Hero calls $128.
Final Pot: $343
Results below: UTG has Qh As (three of a kind, queens). Hero has Jh Jd (two pair, queens and jacks). Outcome: UTG wins $343.

Hand 2: Same villain different spot. This time I have basically the nuts and I put him on a weak A or a draw so I bet the turn for value. Now he over shoves the river and I snap call. of course my decision is made easy by my cards but his line screams bluff here.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($205)SB ($46.45)BB ($170.65)UTG ($168.20)MP ($243.50)
Preflop: Hero is Button with Ah, Js. 2 folds, Hero raises to $8, SB calls $7, BB calls $6.
Flop: ($24) 8d, Jc, As (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $16, SB folds, BB calls $16.
Turn: ($56) 9d (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $36, BB calls $36.
River: ($128) 3c (2 players)BB calls $110.65 (All-In), Hero calls $110.65.
Final Pot: $349.30
Results below: Hero has Ah Js (two pair, aces and jacks). BB has Ks Th (high card, ace). Outcome: Hero wins $349.30.

Hand 3: Couldnt find any great examples of me being a spewy bluff tard so instead I want to show you how bad AP donks are. This guy is 70/31/10 My image is kinda loose and I know this guy doesnt want to believe I have an A and also wants to bluff me if he can. i give him the opportunity. I was kinda in a weird spot because of his turn bet size. I had to raise enough to hopefully get it in I felt but I thought my C/R was going to look too strong. I guess he didnt think so.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Button ($400)Hero ($222)BB ($627.15)UTG ($254.72)MP ($410.30)CO ($379.05)
Preflop: Hero is SB with Kd, Ad. UTG calls $2, 3 folds, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, UTG calls $10.
Flop: ($26) Ah, As, 3c (2 players)Hero bets $18, UTG calls $18.
Turn: ($62) 9s (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $25, Hero raises to $60, UTG raises to $145, Hero raises to $192 (All-In), UTG calls $72.
River: ($471) Qh (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $471
Results below: Hero has Kd Ad (three of a kind, aces). UTG has Js Tc (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins $446. UTG wins $25.

All and all it was fun weekend. Lost a $1200 pot with set vs set that was insane. Actually a very fun hand to analzye. Might post later. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post Noel. Keep up the solid work.