Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thats a wrap!

Basically I wanted to review my goals and create some new ones for this month.

Daily:
Always play my A game. Read 1 chapter of a poker book everyday. Respond to 3 forum posts with stove analysis. Post 1 difficult hand from every session.
In the beginning of the month I was 4-8 tabling and having a blast and then it just clicked. I am playing this game to get better not play as many hands as possible. This occured after a coaching session. I realized just how awesome my coach was at putting villains on hands and I decided I too could be as good if not better. The key for me now is to improve my hand reading and applying ranges as well as trusting my reads and not letting short term results impact my decisions at the table. So I didnt play my A game every session but I have been as of late. The reading didnt happen and probably wont anytime soon but I do want to spend some time with a book every week. As for the forums i just havent been feeling them lately. Definately will be making a concious effort to respond to a few posts but as far as posting i much rather AIM my core poker friends and discuss hands with them.
Weekly: Watch two videos and take in depth notes. Participate in no less then two sweat sessions. 1 hour long session 1 tabling.
1 Tabling hasnt happen but I have decreased my tables to 2-3 which for me is optimal. As for videos I have exceeded 2 easily and will begin a new video watching style this month. I imagine some already do this but I am going to start pausing the video and playing the hand myself before the vid producer does his analysis. Also SWEATS kick serious ass. I have been banging out a few good ones every week and hope to do more. I dont mind sweating a few low limit grinders either. If you are interested shoot me an email @ Rickjames@yahoo.com
Monthly:
Build my roll in Jan. for a shot at 2/4 in Feb or sooner. Play no less then 75k hands.
So obviously 75K hands was like insanely high. In all honesty one of the reasons I have chose Poker as my profession is so I can work when I want thus allowing me to work as little or as much as I see fit. I love playing and truly never can get enough but balance is so key. Like this was my best month and it really took off once I started school again. School has allowed me to get in a routine again and my brain is being stimulated in more ways then one now. To be honest hours spent playing are crucial but I think it is really how you spend the hours you arent playing that lead to success.

To wrap this up I had my best month yet at the tables and look forward to continued success. I got 31308 hands in at 5.3BB/100 ( graph-> http://giganticdonkeyballs.blogspot.com ) which I am quite proud of. my roll is at a point where I will begin stabbing 400NL when I see a soft spot. As for this months goals they are simple.

Play my A game always. No more then 4 tables at a time with the majority of my time 3 tabling. Stab 400NL when the games look good. Study, study, study. Range, range, range. 50K hands would kick major ass. I typically dont like to set monetary goals but a 20K month is looming and it would be nice if this was it.

No comments: