Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lets get real.

I started this poker thing seriously last year right about this time and have successfully moved up from 25NL to 200NL with my BR and level of play ready for 400NL. That being said I have moved up 3-4 levels in 1 years time. As crazy as it sounds I think the learning curve is steeper now then it was at micro. I feel my game can progress much faster now that I have a solid core of poker heads to discuss the game with and the mental strength to deal with variance which I lacked heavily in the past. I am actually on my way out to enjoy a quick round of golf on a beatiful sunny day in California but i wanted to put a goal or two in writing before I did.

When I started my poker journey I had no major goal like I want to beat this stake or anyhting of that nature. My goal was to simply play winning poker and pay my bills while doing so. April will be one year of strictly supporting myself off of poker and nothing else. Quite the accomplishment if you ask me. With that said I have the confidence in my game that I feel poker will be a viable source of income while I work my way through college. Therefore I feel it is time to narrow my goal to beating a stake in said time. My goal is to be a winning 5000NLer by years end. This isnt going to be easy by any means, though I honestly feel that it is achievable. My next blog will outline my plan for success at my new goal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

By no means an easy goal to attain, but You have the tools to achieve it. Best of luck Noel! btw, golfing? I am a golfer myself, you couldn't have picked two more frustrating hobbies, lol.

LuckySOB said...

poker players that don't golf have no idea how bad a tilt can really be.....try getting on in 2 and 5 putting.....that's when tilt sets in

Ian Little said...

You shouldn't mention f*** putting in a golfer's blog, it might give him the y*ps.