Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New outlook.

Time for some fucking hippy shit YO! Please if you read this blog leave a comment so I know. Just want to gain an awareness of how many readers I have. Now back to the hippy shit. My life is poker and when poker is bad my life has been bad. Well my mental state. This doesn't have any positive value or rather in poker terms such thinking is -EV. Though I do love poker and the challenge it provides when it boils down to it I love the money. i love that I found a way to survive financially being my own boss and playing a game I quite enjoy. The honest truth is though the money effects me. 2/4 isn't stable enough for my bankroll,I have a family to take care of. That being said I have devised a new plan of brilliance.

The plan: I am once again moving down to where my roll is proper, 80+ BI's. I will be 6 tabling for 30 hours a week. This alone should provide me with 3-4k of shear rakeback, which alone will be enough to live. I plan on doing this until I have somewhere near 60-80 BI's for 2/4 at which point I will begin slowly moving up. I know I know I swore off 6 tabling but I see no other option. Plus I know in my heart that I am +EV 6 tabling especially if I never auto check anything and take my time with every decision.

The hippy shit: No more results. No more EV. I am just going to play and embrace variance as it comes. Whoever said that thing about you will run worse then you ever thought possible. I believe them though I imagine I could even run worse them I am. The nice thing is August is going to be a crusher.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog bro.

Easier said than done, but maybe a change of thinking could help you. When you are getting down about poker, think of all the fun times you have with your family and I think that might help put it in perspective and lift your spirits.

DODGYKEN said...

I'm still here!

We had thunder and lightening here earlier. It's summer. Feel better about your life.

the journey said...

do what ever is best for your state of mind...try to take all the negativity that you have built up in your head and throw it out...that will help you with all the other stressful things because it wont snowball into other aspects of life.

DWarrior said...

I'm back here.

You let em off easy in July, but you'll kill em in August!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading it. Good luck with your new outlook

JayHFD said...

Hey I'm an occasional reader! :)

For tilt etc I highly recommend "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. Its working better for me than any poker related psychology book ever has.

Good luck with your poker career!

LuckySOB said...

I'm reading your hippy shit.

Marc said...

Yo hippy dude, i'm reading too.

Bazclef said...

I had u linked as the Thoughts/Reality blog just noticed this one... linked up proper now lots of interesting shit going on here. GL yo