Monday, August 4, 2008

August

I am super stoked about this month yet I have only got in 3.65 hours so far. I would be grinding like mad but of course if isnt one things its another. This time its my son and daycare. We dont have any for 3 weeks, which means I am running the show. Hopefully I will manage to get in a good 2-4 hours a day while we are without care. Thasnkfully preschool starts soon and we will have a nice solid schedule which will allow me to play the hours I want. My 1st run at 6 tabling on resized tables went well. I played for 3.65 hours without even feeling any fatigue. I used to play on full sized tables on two monitors and decided it was time to suck up and resize so I could watch one monitor rather then two.

The main reason I am writing this post is to inform the masses( so far I have 8 readers which is more then I thought) that I will be returning this blog to its roots. This will now be mainly a place where I post 2-5 hands after my sessions and I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Hand 1: I was being sweat by John during this hand and wasnt to sure what to do when he limp min 3bet. Villain is 58/28/3 (117) and we had yet to tangle. I opted to 4bet more because John said to and less because I felt it was the right thing to do. The thing is I never get a fold and I bloat the pot OOP where I am likely to not connect and be stuck doing what I did, betting and folding. this might have been a spot wher I should c/f. Input is greatly apprecciated.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($400.00)
CO ($400.00)
BTN ($285.55)
SB ($125.30)
Hero ($434.50)

Pre-flop: ($3, 5 players) Hero is BB

2 folds, BTN calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9, BTN raises to $16, Hero raises to $46, BTN calls $30

Flop: ($93, 2 players)
Hero bets $64, BTN raises to $239.55, Hero folds

Final Pot: $396.55

BTN wins $393.55 ( won +$108 )
Hero lost -$110.00

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Depending on the player and recent dynamic I either call or fold pre-flop (probably almost always call). I check fold the flop always. I just give limp reraises respect the first time someone does it, regardless of how retarded it may seem.

Marc said...

Against a guy with these stats, no way am I folding, but yeah even on the button the LRR would be throwing up caution signs, and I'd be looking to play this hand as cheaply as possible. It's also complicated by the fact that you're a bit deep here. I'd c/f the flop as well.

Unknown said...

I like a call preflop here as well. I don't think villain is ever folding to your 4b preflop and you miss so many flops as is, I just think it is better to call and play for pot control personally.