Saturday, August 16, 2008

Booked a win...

mentally and bank roll wise. I started the session playing super solid and ran QQ into KK and AA prelop and lost. I also lost with AK when I flop tp+nfd and get it in vs 2p. I did not allow it to effect me though. I simply acknowledged that I played my hand correctly and told myself to continue to play my A game. I did manage to make one spewy 3bet stack off with QT which I wasnt a huge fan of. Plus I value towned myself by betting a river for value and calling a fish when he check min raised. besides that I felt I was playing quite well. The only hand I am in the air about is this one.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($70.95)
Hero ($338.45)
CO ($327.80)
BTN ($205.00)
SB ($280.55)
BB ($393.20)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1

UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $9, CO calls $9, 3 folds, UTG folds

Flop: ($23, 2 players)
Hero bets $16, CO raises to $50, Hero calls $34

Turn: ($123, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($123, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $123
Hero shows:
CO shows:

CO wins $120 ( won +$61 )
UTG lost -$2.00
Hero lost -$59.00



Villain was 24/6/2.5 I actually think he plays a very strong game. He 3bet/sqz alot and loves to make moves postflop. This was the 2nd time he raised my flop cbet on this table in like 4 orbits and he had floated/bet the turn with a gutter ball that got there on the river vs me on another table. I was going to 3bet when I realized we were 150BB deep. In retrosepect I think I should say fuck the stacks and trust my read that villain is uber bluffy postflop. Any opinions?

1 comment:

LuckySOB said...

If this is a villian that likes to put in a lot of moves postflop as you stated then I may look for a c/r here myself. With an Ace high FD I don't mind a bet/3b, but with stack sizes and not having the NFD I like to c/r this spot vs this type of villian, and my raise would be quite small (just over 2x). With the deep stacks it's enough to get him off hands when he's making moves and lets you fold vs a larger RR. Vs many villians this line also picks you up a free river card if he does call the raise, you can check when you miss the flush, and without a huge hand the villian will often check behind out of confusion/fear. And if you do hit the flush you will get more value from nonflush made hands as he would be less likely to give you credit for it.