Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No HUD

Have played 3 sessions without a HUD and I do enjoy it very much. I still have all the regs marked but I rely much less on HUD numbers and more on game flow which is nice. The 1st two were winners and the latest was another -6BI session. I know I wasnt going to focus on results, kinda hard when it means your well being and you havent been able to work or string together a winning week. I have logged about 30K hands this month which hopefully will be quite a load more next month. Poker has been very discouraging since my return from Hawaii. I am in my second straight losing month and I just feel like nothing is going my way. I seem to lose a shit ton of flips/get coolered/spew in marginal spots. I am seriously contemplating sacking up and joining a union. I might very well apply and play while I wait to hear back. I have basically decided college isnt for me. I have no desire to return and feel the degree I was going for (BUSINESS) would be worthless anyways. I know it sounds hilarious but I have been considering coaching some 50NL and lower guys as when I play those games I see some regs with glaring wholes and I know I could be of help. Plus a solid no variance income would be nice. I was thinking of offering my services for 50 and hour but I really want a dedicated student. Or multiple.

2 comments:

Ian Little said...

This is stuff you already know, but having discipline is da nuts when it comes to BR management. Finding your non-table leaks are just as important as improving your game. Tommy Angelo's book is good for this reason (the mental side). If -6 bi losses affect you, have a stop loss so that you end a session before you get to that point. By using a stop loss you train yourself to not play when frustrated. Have set start & finish times for your sessions & stick to them UNLESS you are on a heater (then extend by 30 mins). Work on limiting your losses whilst in this bad run, to minimise any damage.

LuckySOB said...

DUDE, even Dice updates more than you now.