Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ah a tough session.

I came in trying to play my LAG style (22/19/4-662 hands) and think I got a little out of line. The games at night are usually pretty fishy and I think my standard TAG play is better suited to deal with the mega donks who love to see flops and rarely fold to c-bets. Granted these arent 65BB hands I feel I need to go over them for my own sake.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($39.50)
Hero ($219.70)
BB ($89.60)
UTG ($50.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ac, Qc.
2 folds, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $3.

Standard raise. Villian in hand is a mega donk I play with quite alot he runs like 46/15/2

Flop: ($8) 8h, Jh, 2s (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $5, Hero raises to $18, BB calls $13.

As funny as it is I almost just C/F because the games had been crazy and I was getting no respect. I opted to C/R and take it down if villian has air.

Turn: ($44) 2d (2 players)
Hero bets $25, BB calls $25.

Rather then make a wise choice and simply give up on my hand, (which I feel is the best thing to do when you get got with your hand in the cookie jar) I decide to try and get him off a FD.
River: ($94) Qh (2 players)
Hero checks, BB calls $42.60 (All-In), Hero calls $42.60.

Some how some way I talk myself into a call here. How fucking sick am I. This is simply an example of me getting blinded by my HUD. This is my biggest leak. Dont fall victim to this spew.

Final Pot: $179.20
Results below:
Hero has Ac Qc (two pair, queens and twos).
BB has 2c 2h (four of a kind, twos).
Outcome: BB wins $179.20.
Apparently I love paying off quads as much as I love getting payed with them.


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($59.60)
SB ($174.25)
BB ($97.50)
UTG ($39)
Hero ($200)

Preflop: Hero is MP with As, Kd.
UTG calls $1, Hero raises to $5, Button calls $5, SB calls $4.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $4.

Standard.


Flop: ($21) 3d, 2s, Kc (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $15, Button raises to $54.6 (All-In), SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $39.60.

Easy call and I am almost 100% I am ahead

Turn: ($130.20) 2c (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($130.20) Tc (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $130.20

Results below:
Button has Td Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero has As Kd (two pair, kings and twos).
Outcome: Button wins $130.20.

Sweet river!

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($200)
SB ($88)
BB ($308.15)
UTG ($206.95)
MP ($18.20)
CO ($226.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Kc, Ah.
2 folds, CO raises to $4, Hero raises to $14, 2 folds, CO calls $10.

Villian is a mega nit but I have to 3bet on the BTN with AK.

Flop: ($29.50) 4s, 6s, Qh (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $18, CO calls $18.

Not the best flop but I am looking for villian to have the same hand as me which he most likely folds to my cbet.

Turn: ($65.50) Ts (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

He called and I have to shutdown. Also this isnt the greatest card.

River: ($65.50) Tc (2 players)
CO bets $17, Hero calls $17.

Taking a second look I hate my call. I was playing weak auto pilot poker at the time and I decided to look him up with AK. Unfortunately my flop read was correct except he had the one AK I cant get to go away.

Final Pot: $99.50

Results below:
Hero has Kc Ah (one pair, tens).
CO has As Ks (flush, ace high).
Outcome: CO wins $99.50.


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($116.45)
SB ($59.05)
BB ($112.18)
UTG ($127.60)
Hero ($200)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6c, 6s.
1 fold, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $4, 2 folds.

Standard


Flop: ($9.50) 6d, 7h, 7d (2 players)
Hero bets $5, Button calls $5.

I opt to lead as I have been getting no respect when I cbet and this board doesnt look like it hit AK right.

Turn: ($19.50) 2s (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

I am looking to trap except I fail miserably. I may lose value from a wiffed FD but I decided to take a line that looked like a failed cbet giving up an induce action.

River: ($19.50) 5c (2 players)
Hero bets $12, Button raises to $24, Hero raises to $191 (All-In), Button calls $83.45 (All-In).

When he min raises the river I feel sick. Can this be? Then I am like fuck no! He hit 89 or he aint got shit. I decide to shove looking for a call.

Final Pot: $317.95

Results below:
Button doesn't show.
Hero has 6c 6s (full house, sixes full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $317.95

Ship the fucking cookies!

After re-thinking most my preflop play was fine it was post flop where I struggled tonight. I ran kinda cold and I over played too many hands. The key to a looser style is dictating the big pots and being the aggressor. I played to many big pots OOP. Also I struggled to adjust when my image went south. Its hard when you know you are getting no respect but you keep picking up AQ and KQ on the BTN or CO and missing the flop completely. All and all I played pretty bad. But I only ended up down 170 after it was all said and done. Basically minus my bad play I am even. Minus the bad beats too and I am ahead. If you read this far thatnks and please do drop a comment so I know you were here.

1 comment:

robracing said...

Hand 1 :

Having C/R'd the flop and strongly bet the turn, I don't think the river call is so bad, considering that your hand improved significantly on the street. Your earlier aggression with air kind of obliged you to call, when you actually spiked something.

Hand 2 :

Bad cooler! Whaddyagonnado??!

Hand 3 :

Villain's passive line postflop did kind of indicate that he had AK, but any time you are left praying that your opponent holds exactly AK and not one of the other monster hands that justifies his play, you know something has gone wrong and you are in bad shape!

Noel; I am finding this process of analysing EVERY big hand, and not just the ones that I cherry pick, to be very constructive for my state of mind. Having got them in the blog, I feel like I have purged myself and don't need to keep stewing over them for the rest of the day!