Thursday, August 16, 2007

The swings continue.

Last night I did a sweat with Dodgy after we had talked on AIM. He was teling me abut a load of coolers he had run into and I was telling him not to worry as long as he played +EV. Then I talked him into to doing a sweat and in all honesty I think he is cursed. I got coolered like you wouldnt believe and then I spewed off some chips to a mega donk. Lets get to the hands.



Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



Button ($199.50)

SB ($279.45)

BB ($119.35)

UTG ($98.30)

Hero ($263.35)

CO ($177.60)



Preflop: Hero is MP with Ad, Ks.

UTG raises to $2, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold, UTG raises to $8, Hero raises to $34, SB folds, UTG calls $26.

In all honesty this was horrible poker. I typically dont let donks bother me but with Dodgy talking in my ear about donkys I decided I was simply going to min raise this guy everytime he minraised for like 5 hands straight. Then this hand occurs. This hand is so transparent in retrospect as villians like this one will stik to the min raise with PP. I decide to put him to the test and he called.

Flop: ($73) 8h, 2s, 7s (2 players)

UTG bets $25, Hero raises to $229.35 (All-In), UTG calls $39.30 (All-In).

Funny before I shove here I tell Dodgy; "I have no fold equity here." Is this a horrible play? I think so because as I said I have no fold equity and his line looks like a PP. Therefore this was the most -EV line.



Turn: ($366.65) 2h (2 players, 2 all-in)



River: ($366.65) 2c (2 players, 2 all-in)



Final Pot: $366.65



Results in white below:

UTG has 6s 6c (full house, twos full of sixes).

Hero has Ad Ks (three of a kind, twos).

Outcome: UTG wins $201.60. Hero wins
$165.05.



Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



Button ($101.15)

SB ($91.70)

Hero ($198.50)

UTG ($217.80)

MP ($203.80)



Preflop: Hero is BB with Qh, Ah.

UTG raises to $5, MP calls $5, 1 fold, SB calls $4.50, Hero calls $4.

I wasnt sure what to due with this hand preflop and opted to call. In hindsight i think I gain better information with a 3bet as villian will be inclined to 4bet better or fold/call with worse due to the 2 players left to act behind him.

Flop: ($20) Kd, 3c, Ac (4 players)

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $14, MP folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $27, UTG calls $14.

Check min-raise? WTF am I doing? I was playing so bad when I look back at these hands. After my coolers I didnt think I tilted but obviously I was off my game. At the time I felt I was best and I decided this would be the most deceptive line to take. This is a solid TAG/LAG and I need to play straightforward against him. He exploited my poor play as you will see.

Turn: ($75) Ts (2 players)

Hero bets $40, UTG raises to $184.8 (All-In), Hero folds.

My flop min-raise allows many of his weakest hands to call and when he bets into essentially 3 players on the flop he is saying he has something. When he shoves this is either a sick AT out turning me or I belive simply a flopped set or two pair trying to get payed.



Final Pot: $299.80



Results in white below:

No showdown. UTG wins $299.80.




These were the only two hands that I lost over 50BB yet I still managed to blow off 4.5BI. Here is a cooler just to show how sick Dodgy is.




Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



Button ($119.20)

SB ($86.80)

BB ($203.60)

Hero ($203.60)

MP ($40)

CO ($202.55)



Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qh, Th. MP posts a blind of $1.

Hero raises to $5, MP (poster) calls $4, 1 fold, Button calls $5, 2 folds.

Not my standard UTG raise but I was new to the table and working to establish an image.



Flop: ($16.50) Td, Qs, 9c (3 players)

Hero bets $13, MP raises to $35 (All-In), Button folds, Hero calls $22.

ALL_IN? Sure!



Turn: ($86.50) 7s (2 players, 1 all-in)



River: ($86.50) 6h (2 players, 1 all-in)



Final Pot: $86.50



Results in white below:

Hero has Qh Th (two pair, queens and tens).

MP has 9s 8s (straight, ten high).

Outcome: MP wins $86.50.



Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



Button ($391.50)

Hero ($221.05)

BB ($184.95)

UTG ($42.55)

MP ($194)

CO ($204.90)



Preflop: Hero is SB with Jd, Td.

2 folds, CO raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold.

Playing this deep I felt like taking a flop with this hand.


Flop: ($9) 9h, Kd, 7c (2 players)

Hero checks, CO bets $6, Hero raises to $12, CO calls $6.

I opt for a check raise rather then a lead. I like the min-raise here because it allows for a cheap steal and also it disguises my hand if villian calls and I hit. The min-raise is the most frustrating play to make against decent players. It boggles their fucking mind, I know. I understand that this contradicts what I said about a previous hand but they are two drastically different spots. This villian is not as aggressive and the board isnt as scary. I apologize for the contradiction.


Turn: ($33) 8s (2 players)

Hero bets $25, CO calls $25.

Thats my money card! I decide a near pot size bet will really disguise my hand and if villian is on a good K he will come along.

River: ($83) Qh (2 players)

Hero bets $70, CO calls $70.

At 1st glance I hated the river but looking at it now it didnt change a thing. Well villian called one pot bet I doubt he folds to another. Sometimes taking donk lines against a semi thinking villian can be quite profitable.


Final Pot: $223



Results in white below:

Hero has Jd Td (straight, king high).

CO doesn't show.

Outcome: Hero wins $23.



Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



Hero ($329.55)

SB ($183.95)

BB ($42.55)

UTG ($194)

MP ($93.90)

CO ($391.50)



Preflop: Hero is Button with Qh, Qc.

1 fold, MP raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $15, 2 folds, MP raises to $55, Hero raises to $329.55 (All-In), MP calls $38.90 (All-In).

This was the very next hand and I felt villian might be tilted. Again looking back I got lucky and my line could very well be -EV post 4bet. This villian had solid TAG stats and I doubt he tilts much but it happens. When he 4bets I cant assume it is tilt unless he would overplay JJ-TT or AK-AQs here. At the time I decided it was in that range and shoved. I am a luckbox!

Flop: ($424.95) Qd, 9s, 2c (2 players, 2 all-in)



Turn: ($424.95) 7s (2 players, 2 all-in)



River: ($424.95) 5d (2 players, 2 all-in)



Final Pot: $424.95



Results in white below:

Hero has Qh Qc (three of a kind, queens).

MP has Kd Ks (one pair, kings).

This brings up a great concept me and Dodgy have been discussing about 4betting light. Of course 200BB deep it is probably better then say 100BB. It is like you rarely see a 4bet that isnt QQ+ and most 3bets will fold to a 4bet or shove back. If villian believes you to be a maniac and is 3betting with a decent range why not 4bet with your junk? This could be very +EV against a decent thinking player who will percieve most 4bets to always be the goods. Of course you dont want abuse this idea but it is very deceptive. All the credit for this idea goes to Dodgy by the way.



Outcome: Hero wins $424.95.

No comments: