Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I have invented and perfected a new style,...

I call it NAG. NAG=Nityy aggressive. I just played 567 hands running at 16/12/3. +25BB/100 Cant argue with those stats. Honestly the donks were giving it away this evening and I have decided if these guys wont fold I have to shrink my raising and cbetting range tremendously and simply let them pay me when I have the goods. Also they love bluffing AI on the river.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($66.35)
SB ($48.20)
BB ($108.60)
UTG ($24)
MP ($83.50)
Hero ($213.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8h, 7d.
UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, Button calls $5, 1 fold, BB calls $4, UTG folds.

Not so standard for my NAG style but I usually try and keep a wide range in the CO and BTN.

Flop: ($16.50) 7h, 6s, Tc (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $10, Button folds, BB calls $10.

I like the flop as I have a piece and a gutshot. Standard cbet I think.

Turn: ($36.50) Kd (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $20, BB calls $20.

If the turn is a blank I would take a free card but this seemed like an optimal time to double barrel. I like double barreling here because not only can I rep the K but I still have outs if called.

River: ($76.50) 9h (2 players)
BB calls $73.60 (All-In), Hero calls $73.60.

Thats my money card! He shoves? Is J8 even possible here? Not a chance, ship the cookies!

Final Pot: $223.70

Results below:
BB has Ad Js (high card, ace).
Hero has 8h 7d (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins $223.70.



Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($263.40)
SB ($98)
Hero ($200)
UTG ($35.85)
MP ($94)
CO ($54.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Qs, Qc.
1 fold, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, Hero raises to $8, MP calls $7, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

At the time I had been pretty active at this table and I felt I could get action with this raise. Also I decided to make it pretty big in an attempt to discourage more then one call. I dont mind scooping the dead money either.

Flop: ($19) 5c, 8s, 7h (2 players)
Hero bets $14, MP calls $14.

Not the best flop as this is definately in a limp callers range but I cant check.

Turn: ($47) 2s (2 players)
Hero bets $35, MP raises to $72 (All-In), Hero calls $37.

He calls my bet on the flop and I decide to go with my hand with a blank turn. I fire big and he shoves I can only call at this point.

River: ($191) Th (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $191

Results below:
Hero has Qs Qc (one pair, queens).
MP has Ah Qh (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $191.


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($147.50)
SB ($376.65)
BB ($97.50)
UTG ($48.50)
Hero ($205.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Jc, Js.
1 fold, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $4, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold.

Standard.

Flop: ($13) 3s, 4h, 2d (3 players)
SB bets $11, Hero raises to $32, Button folds, SB calls $21.

I have villian on an OP between 55-TT here. I feel I am best here and want to charge and draw max. We are both really deep and I decide to go with a 3x raise in case I am behind.

Turn: ($77) 3c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $42, SB calls $42.

Again I err on the side of caution and bet a little more then 1/2 pot. At this point in the hand villian asked me what PP I had and told me he was holding one too. I told him AK and then he chose to call. Looking back I thnk I should ignore his chat and not respond. Not sure if I get a call though.

River: ($161) 2h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Cant explain my check here. Basically I was spooked by the chat and decided to SD as I hadnt been watching the table and wasnt sure if this guy could actually be slowplaying QQ. Horrible decision here as I doubt he checks better. This was so -EV.
Final Pot: $161

Results below:
SB has 8h 8c (two pair, eights and threes).
Hero has Jc Js (two pair, jacks and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins $161.

If you are ever struggling as you play try the NAG approach. Of course you have to be at the right tables. I use table selection like you wouldnt believe which allows me to sit and wait.

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

I feel sorry for your opponents in these hands; they probably dribble disgustingly and foul themselves uncontrollably. I don't mind the check behind on the JJ hand. With the deep stack a check-raise on the river from him would be sick. I also like the 87 double barrel.