Monday, August 13, 2007

Cant complain.

I am continuing to loosen up my play and it has been working quite well. Of course when you have a loose image and the deck hits you in the face you are going to blow up. Here is an example of such. 427 hands PT stats-20/16/4 ideally these are solid TAG numbers and I wouldnt mine bringing them a little closer but they work.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($296.40)SB ($108.15)BB ($156.03)UTG ($201.45)MP ($35.50)CO ($216.35)
Preflop: Hero is Button with Ts, Tc. UTG raises to $3, 1 fold, CO calls $3, Hero raises to $15, 2 folds, UTG calls $12, CO folds.

Villian was super LAG tard running 30/22/1.75 and I belive my hand is best and I dont mind taking it down now with a nice little squeeze. If called I will have postion as well and we are super deep.

Flop: ($34.50) As, Td, 2s (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $20, UTG calls $20.

Cant ask for a better flop, if he has an A here I think I stack him. I cant check this flop especially as deep as we both are. I fire 2/3 my standard cbet post 3betting and he calls. At this point I have him on either a big A or a combo draw.

Turn: ($74.50) 8h (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $75, UTG calls $75.

After his call on the flop I know he has a hand he feels like continuing with and I decide to fire pot trying to represent a steal. As deep as we are he could C/R all in thinking he has FE but it isnt likely. Also at this point I want to make sure that I can get it all in on the river if he calls.

River: ($224.50) 9c (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $169, UTG folds.

Looks like a wiffed draw as I really cant put villian on much else that calls two streets and folds this river.
Final Pot: $393.50
Results below: Hero has Ts Tc (three of a kind, tens). Outcome: Hero wins $393.50.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($33.35)
SB ($98.40)
Hero ($201)
UTG ($103.05)
MP ($165.08)
CO ($206.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2c, 2d.
3 folds, Button calls $1, SB raises to $4, Hero calls $3, Button calls $3.

I elect to set mine with my dueces here, villians small raise made me feel like he had a good hand and I felt I would get paid if I hit.

Flop: ($12) 2s, Ah, 2h (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Can you say YAHTZEE! I elected to check the flop as I didnt want to scare off my action if either villian didnt have an A. Also I like to give short stack a chance to steal and then find out if SB has a hand or not

Turn: ($12) 6s (3 players)
SB bets $7, Hero calls $7, Button folds.

I was tempted to raise this turn bet but I felt that would scream 2 and I again didnt want to scare off the shorty or SB. Also if is holding an A SB is very aggressive so I know he will fire the river

River: ($26) As (2 players)
SB bets $21, Hero raises to $177, SB calls $66.40 (All-In).

What a sick card. I know when villian fires he has the A and wont be able to get away now. Like I said the deck was pounding me.

Final Pot: $290.40

Results below:
SB doesn't show.
Hero has 2c 2d (four of a kind, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins $290.40.


Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com
Hero ($365.57)SB ($99)BB ($168.35)UTG ($93.40)MP ($156.60)CO ($98.50)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 6h, 6s. UTG raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $4, 2 folds.

I have some history with this villian and know him to be one to stack off with OP and I was dying to flop a set as I take great pleasure in busting him up.
Flop: ($9.50) 3s, 7h, 6d (2 players)UTG bets $5, Hero raises to $20, UTG raises to $35, Hero raises to $361.57 (All-In), UTG calls $39.40 (All-In).

When he bets out I am tempted to slow play my set here but this is a semi-draw heavy board and with our history I know he will play back with a big PP. Also decided 4x would be optimal as if he slows down we will most likely be getting it in by 5th street. Instead he repops and I insta shove knowing I am golden.

Turn: ($445.47) Td (2 players, 2 all-in)
River: ($445.47) 5s (2 players, 2 all-in)
Final Pot: $445.47
Results below: Hero has 6h 6s (three of a kind, sixes). UTG has Ad As (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins $445.47.

Happy to report that again I had no big losers. Actually only big loser was a 40BB hand where I get it all in pre w/KK vs A8 and he spikes the 3 outer on the river.

No comments: