Tuesday, December 2, 2008

5 hours

Came up a bit short but whatever. The truth is I wanted to play more but decided against it as this was my 1st real day back grinding and I didnt want to over do it. Logged 2104 hands while dropping 3BI. I played good overall besides a few too many bluffs and river calls. I really need to focus on hand reading and trusting myself to fold. The truth is I still am blown away by the suckouts on AP. Honestly playing at FTP for a stint I swear I didnt see as many disturbing turn and river cards. It isnt just against me either its while watching other players SD too. I definately need to snug up just a bit and learn to pick my spots better. I have two fun hands for the day.

Villain is a super lag tard opening everything everywhere. I should focus mainly on 3betting for value but instead I decide to make a retarded 3bet. When he donks the flop I wasnt sure what to do. I feel like he never has it but do I want to raise call it off? I opted to make a 3x raise and he calls. The turn is where it gets interesting as we have picked up some added equity. I think this is my biggest leak. Bet sizing. I should basically have 4x the flop setting up an easy turn shove. Instead I check like a bitch because I really hate bet calling it off with J high and I wasnt exactly sure what villains range is. The river is gin but is it? I considered flatting but then again he could have gotten tricky with a set or 2p and I need to ship. GG me.


$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($569.33)
UTG+1 ($210.45)
CO ($174.95)
Hero (BTN) ($285.50)
SB ($200.00)
BB ($453.72)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is BTN

UTG raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero raises to $20, 2 folds, UTG calls $14

Flop: ($43, 2 players)
UTG bets $20, Hero raises to $60, UTG calls $40

Turn: ($163, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($163, 2 players)
UTG bets $75, Hero raises to $205.50, UTG calls $130.50

Final Pot: $574
Hero shows:
UTG shows:

UTG wins $570.50 ( won +$285 )
Hero lost -$285.50



Not sure how I feel about this hand. Turn check min raises tend to be stupid strong but I didnt want to fold just yet. When he bets uber gay on the river I really wanted to fold but I decided against it.
$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($215.85)
CO ($163.25)
Hero (BTN) ($225.00)
SB ($521.72)
BB ($555.63)

Pre-flop: ($3, 5 players) Hero is BTN

2 folds, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $6, BB calls $5

Flop: ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $14, SB raises to $28, BB folds, Hero calls $14

River: ($77, 2 players)
SB bets $28, Hero calls $28

Final Pot: $133
Hero shows:
SB shows:

Hero wins $129.50 ( won +$66.50 )
SB lost -$63.00
BB lost -$7.00



To close, I love this game. Everyday something different, no two hands alike. Soon it will equate to me booking some wins.

1 comment:

danielgrubbs said...

What up son. That first hand sucks, but you said it yourself just gotta ship that turn card. One thing I have been thinkin lately is that if you are checkin back the turn in those spots, you will most of the time be guessing whether or not you can bluff profitably on the river. Why not just push your equity now, especially when the turn brings you more outs.

Also, I definitely feel you on the ap suckouts, but a few other sites have been like that for me as well, so I think maybe we just run bad sometimes. I'll try to remember to keep up with your blog, but feel free to email me with some hands if you want

Peace