Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Almost 6 hours=$877.24...

best part is I ran above EV (not that I care). It is funny how I hate running below but now I am like wait a second does running above mean I am making bad decisions.

Today was a hectic day at the tables with me going up up up to 1k and then back down down down to near even only to turn it around and end with a very uneventful/gay night session. I nearly booked 6 hours but I am not overly concerned that I didnt.

As for improvement goes I have made two choices in that department, 1)I am going to get me some coaching, 2) I am now Hudless. I honestly see a TAG and get emotional when he has position and 3bets me. I do very spewy things based on HUD and need to focus so much more on game flow. I will be 4 tabling obviously. Anyways nailed 2136 hands today in just under 6 hours and am in the green for the month.

This is a major leak of mine. Check calling. I opted to c/c vs a reg on a wet board knowing he is firing here and also that I would check fold here alot. The river is a fold imo.
$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
3 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
BTN ($436.05)
Hero (SB) ($207.00)
BB ($299.45)

Pre-flop: ($3, 3 players) Hero is SB

BTN folds, Hero raises to $8, BB calls $6

Flop: ($16, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Turn: ($38, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $24, Hero calls $24

River: ($86, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $65, Hero calls $65

Final Pot: $216
Hero shows:
BB shows:

BB wins $214 ( won +$106 )
Hero lost -$108.00



This is another gross spot where I should fold even though I flatted the flop to allow villain to spew. Problem is Ax is a big part of his range and I doubt he DB it on a bluff often.
$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($436.80)
UTG+1 ($419.95)
Hero (CO) ($232.00)
BTN ($408.40)
SB ($365.55)
BB ($134.10)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is CO

2 folds, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($15, 2 players)
BB bets $15, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($45, 2 players)
BB bets $45, Hero calls $45

River: ($135, 2 players)
BB bets $67.10, Hero calls $67.10

Final Pot: $269.20
BB shows:
Hero shows:

BB wins $265.70 ( won +$131.60 )
Hero lost -$134.10



Now the Hero call of the day. At the time I was sick but i think in retro this is a pretty easy call as villain is repping very little.
$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($153.10)
Hero (UTG+1) ($226.00)
CO ($99.97)
BTN ($397.00)
SB ($84.40)
BB ($400.75)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1

UTG raises to $7, Hero raises to $22, 4 folds, UTG calls $15

Flop: ($47, 2 players)
UTG bets $23.50, Hero calls $23.50

Turn: ($94, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($94, 2 players)
UTG bets $47, Hero calls $47

Final Pot: $188
UTG shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $184.50 ( won +$92 )
UTG lost -$92.50

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I started this month with a deal with Probability. I removed profits and winrate from HM and am only allowed to look at my cashier one time this month and then only if I am withdrawing, otherwise that is not allowed either. If I fail, I must ship him $500. I do not want to do this, so it is forcing me to just concentrate on improving and not worry about short term results. You and I both know that my mental state is my biggest problem area in my game, and so far this seems to be helping a fair amount. I thought I would have an idea of where I stand anyways based on big pots and whatnot, but I honestly don't have the first clue of my results, so this is really a good thing. I feel better about myself and my game, as I am solely concerned on improving and playing well. Give it a shot imo, don't look at results and remove the stats from your database. I think you will be very happy with the results.

Stupid work now blocks weaktight as well, so I can't see these hands, they are broken images, I will check them out tonight when I am home. btw, don't kid yourself. When you say that you ran above EV (not that you care), it is a false statement, because if you didn't care, you A) wouldn't have looked and B) wouldn't have typed it. Not trying to come off as a dick (please do not think so), but speaking from my experience exclusively, I know I needed to stop checking results, might it help you?

Hit me up on AIM some time man if you wanna do a sweat or whatever or discuss a hand. Nice job on the volume btw, keep up the dedication man, I know you can do it!!

danielgrubbs said...

I'll echo the dude above on trying to ignore results although It's easier said than done... The other thing to realize is that just because you ran above EV you didn't run good necessarily... Which is not to say that you should make excuses for poor results, but just that looking at your EV results are not that helpful. gl today (thurs).

Unknown said...

Hand 1: Why are you not leading this flop? Seems like FPS to me, but maybe you have a good reason for it.

Hand 2: Fold the river.

Hand 3: Fine imo. I don't thin khe leads many aces on the flop, he would go for a check/raise imo or a check/call.