Friday, December 5, 2008

Rough day mixed with excitment.

I put in 7 hours with 1 -4BI session and 1 +1BI session and a super gay break even session. Overall I think I played more then half the session without my A-game which I am not pleased with. I have decided I must revise my schedule to make my sessions 90 minutes rather then 120. Sadly enough I looked at my results since July and I am on a 178k hand break even stretch which is really fucking gay. Obviously this has alot to do with me and alot less to do with being 13k below EV over that stretch(maybe?).

The reality is my break even stretch has came since moving my fiance and son in as well as making the decision to be a full time pro. I believe my approach to the pro thing has been less then optimal and I need to put some time and energy into that alone. The thing is I used to just play mainly when I felt up for it and had alot of alone time to study. I got a ton of prime time hours as well which I lack now. I dont think that this should mean I cant beat the game though and I am happy to announce I have found my coach. See Duck Blog on right.

Eric is an awesome dude who plays the same games I do except higher and worked through the ranks recently. Also the fact that we are friends prior to the coaching should make things come together quicker. Granted i am in no rush and plan on making him my coach for months to come as we both move up.

As gay as my day felt to only be down 3BI at the end of it all is pretty sweet. I ran several 4 bet bluffs which got blown up. This leads me to believe that folks truly dont 3bet all that light or I have some poor timing. Also it was one of those days where if I had JJ-KK a over card to my pair fell on the flop and I encountered resistance. I did manage to win a 200BB pot which was LOL.

I had just doubled through this villain in a 3bet pot where I held T9 on T82cc and banked a flush on the turn. He held QQ and played it really fucking bad. Because of stack depth I decide to make my c/r large and it maybe should have been bigger. the turn does suck as he can hold 87 but I am going busto all day with the given history.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($400.00)
CO ($430.25)
BTN ($412.90)
Hero (SB) ($447.60)
BB ($441.00)

Pre-flop: ($3, 5 players) Hero is SB

UTG raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero calls $6, 1 fold

Flop: ($16, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $10, Hero raises to $50, UTG calls $40

Turn: ($116, 2 players)
Hero bets $100, UTG raises to $343, Hero calls $243

River: ($802, 2 players)

Final Pot: $802
Hero shows:
UTG shows:

Hero wins $799 ( won +$399 )
UTG lost -$400.00


I also ran a river c/r bluff which I think was semi interesting. Villain is 29/22/2.6 and I opt to join the party since I have relative position. This is a good board to cbet and I see no value in c/r or leading thus I c/c. When he checks back the turn I assume I am good. At 1st glance I was like yeah river now I get to c/f but then I thought about it. I can have a GSSD or an OESD here as well as a hand like QJ where as villain has at best Qx but most likely he is bluffing. He may even be betting a J thin which would be real stupid imo. Not so sure of my bet sizing but i felt like I want it to look like I want a call.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($245.15)
UTG+1 ($679.35)
CO ($180.80)
BTN ($407.45)
SB ($303.10)
Hero (BB) ($207.45)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is BB

UTG raises to $7, 3 folds, SB calls $6, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $15, SB folds, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($51, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($51, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $33, Hero raises to $94, UTG folds

Final Pot: $178

Hero wins $174.50 ( won +$58.50 )
SB lost -$7.00
UTG lost -$55.00

No comments: