Friday, March 28, 2008

FPS

I have FPS, that is fancy play sydrome. I know sometimes all poker players chalk hands up to variance to easily were we actually spewed imo. I have SirNeb to thank for plugging a leak of mine today. basically villain and I have been tangling a bit but nothing to extreme(Note to self:Stop thinking everyone is after you.)I had just 4bet his 3bet and he folded. Then this hand takes place. At 1st thought I am like he is floating a medium PP, air, or he has KQ. The only other legit hand is 44 imo. Now I decide to be amazing and c/r the turn for value. In reality the value in this spot is betting, the board is so dry and I have a aggressive image thus villain may call 2 if not 3 streets putting me on a bluff. So that was my 1st mistake. Also what do I do if he 3bets? I do believe there is value in c/r this turn with air as he will fold quite often but here I have the top of my range and I need to value town him.

Now the leak. On the river we can assume his range is 55-99 and KQ. These are all hands I want to get value from and a vast majority of them he will call with but not bet. Thus betting will maximize my EV. I instead decide a c/r for value will be best again. What value? I dont think anything I am ahead of can actually call a river c/r here. Also a large part of his range should check behind as I can almost never call with worse. Thus c/c is ok if I put him on air but I dont. So instead of maximizing my EV FPS explodes in my face when my river c/r gets shoved on. I of course call without thought and he shows me 4X4. LOL!!! As played this is like the easiest fold ever. Yeah my hand looks pretty FOS imo but seriously does he ever shove with worse here? The answer is hell fucking no!!!!

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
Hero ($245.80)
CO ($91.25)
BTN ($254.95)
SB ($301.10)
BB ($212.00)

Pre-flop: ($3, 5 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $7, 1 fold, BTN calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($17, 2 players)
Hero bets $12, BTN calls $12

Turn: ($41, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($41, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $32, Hero raises to $98, BTN goes all-in $235.95, Hero calls $128.8

Final Pot: $494.60
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

BTN wins $500.75 ( won +$245.8 )
Hero lost -$245.80

No comments: