Monday, March 3, 2008

It aint a grind, its what I enjoy.

Seriously, I took up poker because I love the game, the day that isnt the case I need to find something else to do. Yesterday I was playing to play not for enjoyment. The whole challenge had me in a strange state of mind. I will continue the challenge but in no way will I allow it to effect why I am playing. I need to remember to focus, enjoy and destroy. Had a decent session today ended up a little under two buy ins even though I lost two stacks to coolers. Set vs set on a A57cc board and AK vs KQ in a 3bet pot on a KQ7x board. Been playing very loose for my standards and it is starting to feel comfortable. Played around 25/22/5 today. 4bet shoves are happening alot though which is nuts. One guy 4bet shove against my 1st 3bet which was sick. Then I get this dude all set up and he calls my 3bet OOP with KQo and i lose on that KQ7x board I spoke of.

I have tryed to recapture the momentum I had at the end of Jan which i felt came from some serious focus on improvment and hand reading. I have been trying to take intensive notes and utilize them to formulate reads. I just was watching Bobbos 1st vid on leggo and he said something which I really liked. " There is ABC poker where you make the correct decision in a vacuum and then there is perfect poker. This is when you make the perfect decision based on ABC poker+reads."

This struck me as something that is most likely separating the greats from the grinders.

Hands to date: 1978

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poker is fun
for everyone!