Saturday, March 8, 2008

Get out of your head!!!

Ok seriously last night was devastating mentally, emotionally and the whole nine yards but in reality it was just another minor set back. Thanks for the comment Dodgy it was definately some good hippy shit I needed. seriously though I always spew good vibes and positive thinking and then a bad streak comes and I go into major downer shit. FUCK that noise.

I took my break and hung with my two favorite people in the world and came back with a positive mind frame. I did break the three table rule because of fish. I mean shit my screen allows for it too therefore I will alllow 4 at a time from now on. I am really trying to stay focused and put reads on my opponents but god the level of play has been horrible lately. Hard to read a spew tard who limp calls everytime and calls cbet what seems like always. I really need to figure out how to get max value from these ass clowns. I guess DB more might be an effective choice. Anyways I did 529 hands at 4NL for 2+BIs which felt nice. I actually hit a draw once and managed to not lose a single big pot. The biggest pots I lost where when I called 3 bets IP actually and decided not to continue. Would like some feedback on this one in particular.

Ikestoys was the villain and he runs a 24/20/4 I believe. Should I bet the flop? Call the turn and most likely the river?

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($1495.20)
CO ($148.55)
Hero ($640.85)
SB ($957.20)
BB ($400.00)

Pre-flop: ($6, 5 players) Hero is BTN

2 folds, Hero raises to $12, SB raises to $52, 1 fold, Hero calls $40

Flop: ($108, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($108, 2 players)
SB bets $80, Hero folds

Final Pot: $108

SB wins $184.5 ( won +$52.5 )
Hero lost -$52.00


Total hands: 10332

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just stay positive. In poker I find that shit happens. I play better when I am focused and feeling good. If I am not feeling good, I take a break or do something else. I am finding the mindset is something that really separates the good players from the great players. Less spewy moves = greater winrate.

In any event, just stay positive and focused, and you will do well.

LuckySOB said...

My experience with Ikestoys is that when he 3 bets OOP and doesn't cbet a flop like that he is going to c/r. I always take the free card vs him there.