Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Poker, poker, poker!!!

Woooooooooot! I love this game! Ok sorry been running decent made another BI today over 500+ hands on FTP. The games are soft, I dont care what people say. Did run QQ into KK in a spot I am still debating wether or not I can play differently. Honestly though just played super solid and encountered little resistance running 21/18/7. I have been thinking about a post jason made awhile back about just playing real solid. Its funny as most the time you see pros mention a reg in a vid they say how he just plays solid and doesnt get out of line too much, I think this is so key. With improved hand reading we can pick better spots to bluff and for the most part stick to real fucking solid poker playing. Of course as you improve I think opening up will just be a nataural occurence rather then something you should force. For me everytime I tryed to force myself to open up I got punished. Over time though as my skills have improved I have went from 17/12/3 to 20/17/4 at 200NL in my current database. Quite the change. To be honest though I think numbers are overemphasized sometimes. mainly the best approach is adjusting to game flow which is something I will continue to try and improve. Anything more then 4 tables and I think you will struggle big time to do so.

Hands to date: 3698

No comments: