Sunday, March 9, 2008

Plus EV

Thats the name of this blog and I definately have been not doing that. Seriously playing plus EV poker is easy. Its complex yet easy. like today for instance I had an easy plus EV decision against a solid reg in a blind battle. It was to fold to his raise preflop. Instead I took the minus EV choice of calling/floating/db bluffing the turn and river and getting CRAI. -200 that hand -EV overall. Folding is +EV. Yeah from a mathematic standpoint I guess it is truly 0EV but I think differently. Like there is this reg on AP who cant not try and make moves on me. He continues to call my PFR and make plays postflop but he sucks and has no clue what he is repping like ever. Unfortunately he sucked out once so far in a spot where I am uncertain of my play.

Today session was insane as I won monies at SD 70% and made a whopping 30 bucks. Ran KK into AA also flopped the bottom end of a straight in an unraised pot on a monotone board and ran into a flopped flush. Not sure if my play was optimal actually.Still struggling to only 3 table as there are so many fish but i know I have to rerstrict myself. Will be grinding two more sessions at least today so I will post results at days end. Think i have close to 12K hands this month which is 2/3 the hands i played in Feb.

villain is 21/14/3 and sucks ass imho. He is repping a set I guess or maybe a Q but I am not folding. My question is because I am vulnerable to a ton of overs should I 3bet or was my play fine?

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($544.10)
Hero ($404.00)
CO ($194.60)
BTN ($405.20)
SB ($963.25)
BB ($832.90)

Pre-flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1

1 fold, Hero raises to $16, 1 fold, BTN calls $16, 2 folds

Flop: ($38, 2 players)
Hero bets $28, BTN raises to $87, Hero calls $59

Turn: ($212, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($212, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $136, Hero calls $136

Final Pot: $484
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

BTN wins $480.5 ( won +$241.5 )
Hero lost -$239.00

No comments: