Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pay off wizard aka POW.

So sick how many bad river calls I made tonight. I mean it was sick. Here is the kicker though went to SD was only 21% with the old won at SD at 43% and you guessed I managed to come out ahead. I didnt play too many big pots tonight. AP is so passive compared to FT it is weird. I swear I get 3bet so much less. Anyways I was stoked to actually stack this donk who was hitting everything against me. I managed to resuck once against him and then he just payed me off for the rest of his stack later. Also there are certains regs on AP who just try to hard. They always want to outplay me and I just pwn them. Its quite fun. The best was i got to play with leggo poker pro carrotsnake himself. And I got to see him run a huge bluff so he says 200BB deep. It was sick. Grinded 3 hours tonight with a quick 5 minute break in the middle. My seats were too good to leave. 848 hands with a 1BI earn, woooooooot. This is called knowihng your opponent. I only wish I crai on the river. Maybe this was fancy play syndrome? Should I bet the turn and hope for 3 street of value? I basically felt he was on a float and opted to check looking to CRAI with my TPTK+ mondo draw. he didt bite so I decided to give him a shot at bluffing the river. CRAI FTW?

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($801.75)
UTG+1 ($1389.75)
CO ($1106.60)
BTN ($355.00)
SB ($913.00)
Hero ($693.60)

Pre-flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is BB

2 folds, CO raises to $16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $60, CO calls $44

Flop: ($122, 2 players)
Hero bets $84, CO calls $84

Turn: ($290, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($290, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $195, Hero calls $195

Final Pot: $680
Hero shows:
CO shows:

Hero wins $676.5 ( won +$337.5 )
CO lost -$339.00


Total hands to date: 6915

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

I like the way you played this. I would probably just check-call the turn as you have good showdown value. Check-raising the river would be unnecessary against his range.

Unknown said...

Was thinking the same thing as dodgy. What hands are going to give you that type of action that you beat on that board?

Noel said...

I completely agree as well. After I wrote this I was thinking more about it and nothing I beat should call a c/r on any street.